Wednesday, October 24, 2012

One Sweater...Three Different Projects

{Part 3}


Sometimes a sweater is more than a sweater.  It is warmth for your hands, a head rest after a long day, and something stylish for your boots.  I knew this sweater had to go.  It wasn't for me anymore. So I made a few Miner adjustments to it.

If you are curious about the first 2 projects that I did, you can find them here and here.




So after doing the first projects what is left of this sweater?  Not much...just the arms and neck.

I looked at the neck and said "What the heck can I make out of this?"

A big fat nothin'.  So I tossed it.




The arms are another story though.  A love story, if you will.

At first, I put them on like leg warmers.  Unfortunately, the wrist end of the arm was up by my knee and it was too tight. Ouch!

Picture this. I am walking down the hall at school with a group of students when all of a sudden the circulation in my leg cuts off and I go down like a sack of potatoes.  Not pretty.

So I went in a different direction...literally.

I turned them around and made boot liners.
The stores sell them for high rubber boots and they range in price from about $9.99 - $24.99.

There is no foot in these though, so I will still have to wear socks.
But I my legs have been oh, so toasty this winter.{LOVE}

How did I do it? Here are 3 easy steps.




And there you have it...boot liners!





One sweater that I didn't like turned into three {useful} creations that I love...

Mittens for my hands.
pillow for my head.
And boot liners for my legs.


What would you make from an old sweater?

{Trina}





10 comments:

  1. I love these boot cuffs. What a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Mary Beth! They were fun to make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!!!! Just what I need. Sharing and pinning:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Pinning is a huge compliment! So glad you liked this project. I can't wait to warm them!

      Delete
  4. super cute! I just threw out the sleeves from my sweater pillow because I couldn't figure out what to do with them- now I've seen 3 projects, why????

    lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Anne, now you will have to search for another sweater to do this project with! Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate it.

      Delete
  5. LOVE the boots (& the liner)! Go You! :)
    Jo ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Those boots are my favorite...found them at TJ Maxx.

      Delete
  6. Sweater projects are all the rage this year! I like what you ended up doing with these sleeves. I was picturing you passing out in the hallways and it wasn't a pretty picture! These boot liners are!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sherry! They are super warm. My school (where I teach) is freezing on many days, so they have been a great addition to my wardrobe.

      Delete

Hello, fabulous friends!

Pin It button on image hover