Sunday, September 23, 2012

Will Power according to Frog and Toad…

More tips for not spending any extra money


Last week we started our 30 day spending freeze. Yesterday, I let you know how much we spent in a week. I feel like it was a lot, but there were things that won’t show up again this month. And like I said yesterday, all we need is a little of will power.




Temptation is everywhere.  And I think, do I really need it or do I want it? I was talking to some people about it yesterday and someone said, "I could never do that." Yes, they could if they really wanted too.

Some things that I will not be able to take part in while on the spending freeze…

  • My family photographer is having a great session deal this weekend.
  • Banana Republic Outlet just emailed me a coupon for an extra 30% off everything.
  • Mommy’s night out at a really yummy restaurant.
  • No pumpkins for decorating until after the 16th

But I have will power.  So I will say no.  And saying no is tough.  No one likes to disappoint others. 

Here are some more tips for more will power in your journey this month.


Will power

  1. Skip the Sunday circulars in the newspaper.  It is all psychological…they make you feel like you need what they are selling.
  2. If you feel the urge to “shop”, set your timer for 5 minutes and browse a couple websites, but do not have your wallet near you.
  3. On the weekends, take a walk with your family instead of getting in the car. (Added bonus…saving money on gas).
  4. If you are running errands, take your list and add the necessary places to it and only give yourself 1 hour.  When the time is up, come home! If you know exactly where you are going and how long you have you will spend less money.                                                                            
  5. There always seems to be things you want to buy when you aren’t “allowed”, so make a list of what you want.  At the end of your spending freeze look over the list and ask “Do I really need/ want it now?” If you do, then put it in your realistic budget. Try not to go crazy after the freeze, or the whole thing was for naught.

You can do it! We can do this!

Have an amazing shopping free week!

~Trina






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, fabulous friends!

Pin It button on image hover