Sunday, September 2, 2012

Back to School Mantel


I have literally had the same mantel decoration for the last 3 years, well except for Christmas time. And while it is lovely, I am so bored. Yawn!  And one of the pictures is even sun faded, it has hung there for so long.

This past weekend, I got busy with a few Miner adjustments and came up with a BACK-TO-SCHOOL mantel.

We head back tomorrow. All of us. 4 people, 4 different schools. Kind of makes my head spin. However, this is the last year and then we will be 4 people in 3 different schools, when the boys are together.  That will be nice on the gas tank and nice on our wallets! Bu-Bye full day daycare! 

Anywho...this is what I came up with. I made the chalkboard with left over luan (Thanks, Dad for the correct spelling). 







Have you changed your mantel decor lately?

Happy School Year!


~Trina



4 comments:

  1. Love your mantle, Trina! Such a great way to welcome the school year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brandi! Now I am trying to figure out how I am going to use that chalkboard for Halloween.

      Delete

Hello, fabulous friends!

Pin It button on image hover